The Mitchell’s Bay Area Association (MBAA) is a non-profit charity organization of volunteers focused enhancing the lifestyle of the residents and visitors of Mitchell’s Bay and protecting and promoting the area’s natural environment. The association is made up of dedicated volunteers who work collaboratively with the community, the Municipality of Chatham-Kent and other interested stake holders to carry out projects focused on the Mitchell’s Bay area.
The Canadian Tire Mitchell’s Bay Open is an annual event hosted by the MBAA. The tournament committee works year-round to plan and organize a live release bass tournament on Lake St. Clair. Teams of two anglers compete in a two-day live release bass fishing tournament for the highest weights and biggest fish.
Manage a first-class tournament that caters to participating anglers, promotes Lake St. Clair as a premium angling destination to the public and angling enthusiasts as well as promoting sponsors that support the sport of angling
About The Tournament
- 2 day team tournament to determine the largest 2 day total of 10 bass (5 biggest bass per day)
- 125% payback inclusive of entry fees and prizes
- Big fish pool collected along with a $1000 bonus prize for biggest fish of the tournament provided by one of our great sponsors
- Water weigh-in scales and live release boat minimizing fish mortality
- Children’s event promoting the sport of angling, featuring a nature interpretive program of the habitat and ecosystem of the area
- Funds raised support projects to enhance tourism amenities, trail development and habitat restoration in the Mitchell’s Bay area
- Pre-tournament dinner and meeting – a harvest meal shared by anglers, sponsors, volunteers and dignitaries with door prizes and early bird draws
Through angler testimonials, we are delighted to say our anglers consider our tournament to be one of the best run and better payout community tournaments out there. Many of our anglers have fished for 40 years participating in over 100 tournaments.